My Great Grandfather

 Today im gonna talk you about my great grandfather's history, the history of Ulisse Lari Guazzi



He was born in 1900 (long time ago!) in an italian small town called Colorno located near the city of Parma in the Emilia-Romagna region of Italy. Since he was little, he started to work on the cheese making process in his town. Later in 1914 the "Great War" started and he was too young to fight but later in 1917 he was enlisted in the italian army. He never saw action in the frontline, instead his mission was to patrol a train station. The Italian army's logistics weren't good, and he suffered a lot of hungry during that time cos' there weren´t enough food rations. In fact, when my granma was a child and she didn't want to eat, he told her "you don't know what hungry is, when i was at the army me and my mates licked our boots to feel something in our mouths, because that boots were made of cow leather". I think that its a little bit scary for a child haha but whatever. After the war he become a very good cheese monger, he even won some cheese competition. We have his diplomas in my uncle's restorant. Later, he got married for first time. 

    (Colorno, Italy)

In the 40' the economic and political situation in Italy wasn't very good, and unfortunaly his first wife died. So he made the decision to emigrate to South America (In that times, South America was seen as the "land of opportunities). He believed that Chile was an Argentinian city. He lived in Buenos Aires two years and later he went to live in Chile, more precisely to a very small town called "Cumpeo". He married with my Great Grandma in 1943 and they had 4 children incluying my grandma. He opened a cheese store and was the first person in Cumpeo to have a car! The time passed and one day of 1973, he passed away by a heart attack. 

I think its a very interesting history and i feel proud of mr Ulisse, in fact i visited Cumpeo some months ago, and there is a few old people that know him, one of them invited me to "tomar once".  I hope someday go to Colorno and search for the past of the Lari family. 



Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Aerosmith Concert

An interesting Trip (we almost die)

A Job i would like to do someday :-]