My Cultural Radar

 I've read the David Grohl's cultural snapshot written by Killian Fox at Feb 26, 2022


He is famous for being the musician leader of Foo Fighter band, and a member of the ultra famous band Nirvana along with Krist Novoselic and the legend Kurt Cobain.

He spoke about a lot of things, some music (obviusly), food, internet and media, commedy and Netflix's serie: Euphoria.

It was suprising 4 me, that he love Euphoria and Zendaya, because i think that series and that actress are overrated as f___ (sorry my vulgar lenguage). I pray for the moment when that tendence will end. I think he likes that series cos that show is a drama with drugs and alcohol, and he as a 90' musician (and of course, mate of Kurt Cobain) saw by first hand that world. 

Now im gonna show you six things that are in my "cultural radar"

Indiana Jones: When i was a kid, i loved Indiana Jones movie series, idk i think their first three movies are excellent. Now much older i take a try again, and now i can say, they (Lucasfilm) killed the franchise with the last one (Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny). The 4th movie was bad too, but this last is horrible, they destroyed the character from an excellent and comical adventurour to a old man with senile dementia.

Dante Aligheri: Im fascinated with "La Comedia" in its original lenguage (Tuscan dialect). It is difficult to understand at first time but modern italian its based on that dialect, so I didn´t need a lot of time to start to get used to. The structure its perfect, with the terza rima, Dante tell us about his adventure in Hell (inferno), Purgatory (Purgatorio) and paradise (Paradiso). Without a doubt its a masterpiece.

Kladdkaka: In the last time, this dessert has become my favorite by far. It is a swedish cake made up with eggs, coccoa, butter, flour and suggar. Its fast and easy to make, i eat it with some Chantilly cream. I meet this dessert in a swedish restorant in Viña del Mar. The name its funny in my mother-lenguage (spanish) but Kladd in swedish means "sticky" and Kaka comes from the same old norse base that the english word "cake" comes from.

Greek: I love that lenguage, recently i've learnt to read with that alphabet and i started to notice that a lot of words in spanish and english comes from a greek base. One thing its reading but another very different its to efective translate, and that i can't do it by now, but i keep learning to change that someday.

Age of Empires III: By far its my favorite game. It an strategy game, where you build your city in XVI century and you must fight and defeat your enemy. I've played that more than 1000 hours in the last year. My favorite civ are the dutchs. 

Instagram's Reels: My instagram algorithm it broken and absolutely love it, some day funny black mood videos, other days informative and history videos and finally days when i only watch cooking videos.







Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Aerosmith Concert

An interesting Trip (we almost die)

A Job i would like to do someday :-]